Sunday, 13 December 2015

Favourite Christmas Movies | Day 13 | Blogmas 2015



Hello everyone! It's nearing the end of the school term, and that only means one thing! Christmas movie marathon. Whoop. I mentioned this in a previous post, but when the Christmas break comes around, I spend at least one whole day hibernating in my pyjamas under a mountain of blankets, marathoning all of my favourite Christmas movies! Today I thought I would give you a list of some of my favourite Christmas movies, just 'cos.

The Grinch
I have to admit that when I was a kid this movie completely terrified me. Completely. I can vividly remember my whole family watching it, and me, being the absolute bad ass I was, walked in, saw the Grinch, and burst into tears, because I mean why wouldn't you? A guy in green makeup is completely terrifying! But I am proud to say that I have gotten over my incessant fear of the Grinch, and I will be watching it inside of my cocoon of blankets.

Elf
Oh you! Everyone knows how much I love this movie, and if you don't, you do now. I actually only watched it for the first time last year, but since then I must have watched it at least 20 times. It has a really simple plot line, but it's so funny! My best friend has never watched this, so me and my other best friend are going to force it upon her, because we can't deal with the shame! 

Home Alone 1 and 2
Ah, a classic. I love these movies so much, even the trailer makes me laugh! Home alone is the one you just gotta watch every year, and I have to say Kevin is just the most bad ass kid ever! I mean, you don't see him crying over the Grinch do you? No. Just me.

The Santa Clause 3
Okay I feel really stupid right now. For the last five years, I've been under the impression that 'the Santa clause three' was the name of the movie, meaning I only thought there was one. That actually makes sense to me, because there were parts in that movie where I didn't have a clue what they were going on about, as they were referring to past movies. You know, and plus the fact its called the Santa clause three. THREE being the operative word there. Even the bloody trailer says it's the third. Oh my gosh, my whole childhood has been a lie. I am literally going to go and watch the first two right now. 

And there you have it! Some of my favourite Christmas movies of all time. So whilst I'm watching The Santa clause 1 and 2, and trying to reclaim as much of my childhood as I can, why not leave a comment and tell me some of your favourite Christmas movies?

No comments:

Post a Comment