Saturday, 2 January 2016

Hello 2016! | A Bit of a Chit Chat


Let's just take a moment to appreciate the BLOG INCEPTION in this photograph. You can probably tell that I'm very proud of it.

Happy new year everyone! 2015 is officially over, we are all ready to get back into the swing of things and make 2016 the best year yet!

 I think 2015 was a really good year for me after the mayhem known as 2014, but let's not go into that, for one thing I started this blog in 2015. However, I can tell you that I'm ready for a fresh start, a new beginning, a chance to start again, and with the new year comes that chance.

I'm still finding my way in the blogging world, as you can probably tell I'm still not sure what this blog is, and what I want it to be. I don't like to compare my blog to others, even though I find myself doing it. When you compare yourself to others you will start losing confidence in yourself, I need to work on that in the real world, as well as in the online world, but I have a whole new year to start. If you take anything from this post, this whole blog even, let it be that.

I'm not particularly sure what this post is either, but let's just go with it and have a bit of a chit chat.

In my previous post I didn't really explain my new years resolutions, so I guess now is the time.

To have more confidence in myself.
I have problems when it comes to confidence, I admit I'm a shy person when it comes down to it. That's part of the reason I started this whole project, to have more confidence in myself, and to share who I am. But the reason this blog is anonymous is because I feel I'm still not a confident person. I often get swept up in what other people are doing, caring too much what people think of me. Much like a lot of teenagers I'm sure. 2016 is the year I want to change that!

To make 'SimplyLauren' bigger and better.
I really enjoy what I do on this blog, and I hope I can continue without, well, life getting in the way. Studying for school is becoming more and more serious, due to exams in the not-too-distant-future (eek!), and I don't want to stop. In 2016 I will post at least once a week and if I forget, go over and hassle me on twitter, which is linked HERE (now if that's not a shameless plug I don't know what is! aha).

To be more organised with school work 
I can just see myself in the future looking back and being in fits of laughter at this resolution, but we will see! I'm that person who spends the few weeks before school starts in September, pumping myself up, making sure every pencil is sharp, every pen has a lid and that my planner is ready for a workout... and then by the third week into school ( I'm lucky if its that long!) I will have lost my pencil case and be doing all of my homework the day before its due. but this year, that's going to change! Probably.

So this was a bit of an odd post, but a good chat to start to 2016! I hope you had a great 2015, and have an even greater 2016! Until next time,

7 comments:

  1. Loved this post!I am a newbie to your blog and I am so happy I have found it (it's amazing),I really can't wait for more posts in the future and to see it progress in 2016!

    Chatter girl | chattergirlsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you so much! I have recently been stalking your blog too (not in a creepy way I promise) and have recommended it to all of my friends! x

      Delete
    2. No problem! Haha,I guess that I am now blog stalking you back! ( I also promise it's not in a creepy way) Thank you so much for recommending it to your friends that is so nice of you! x

      Delete
  2. I actually love your blog and your layout is my goals! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha thank you so much! If you ever need any help with your blog layout just message me on Twitter! x

      Delete
  3. Awesome post! Loved it :)

    Http://alifyalifestyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! I just looked at your blog and I'm absolutely in love with it! x

      Delete