Wednesday, 20 January 2016

Most Anticipated Book Releases of 2016 | What To Read Wednesday


I sit here with my cold cup of hot chocolate, wrapped in a blanket, typing this blog post.
You drink cold hot chocolate?! I hear you cry! No. No I don't. I have been too engrossed in the world of goodreads that I completely forgot about it, and as a result, it is stone cold, but I'm forcing myself to drink it. But you didn't really need to know that.

Hello Everyone! After scouring the utopia that is the goodreads listopia, I found a list of all the books to be released in 2016. Today I thought I would share with you some of my most anticipated book releases of 2016, this is a bit of an informative post, so it's for those of you who dont know what to look forward to this year, or those of you who need to get a bit pumped for them.
And to make it even more exciting (not really) they are in order of the ones I'm most excited for!!!


5. P.S I like you
I really want to read this book! I love Kasie West's books They may not be the most amazing, award winning pieces writing, but they sure are entertaining! All of her books are the perfect summer read, nothing like a bit of contemporary romance to get the summer going. The synopsis itself does not immediately pull me in, but I bet I will love this book when I get my hands on it! And trust me, I'm going to get my hands on it!
Synopsis:
What if the person you were falling for was a total mystery?
While Lily is spacing out in Chemistry one day, she picks up her pencil and scribbles a line from one of her favourite songs on the desk. The next day, someone else has written back to her on the desk! Soon enough Lily and the mystery student are exchanging notes, and lyrics, and even sharing secrets. When Lily finds out that her anonymous pen pal is a guy, she's flustered -- and kind of feels like she's falling for him.
She and her best friend set out to unravel the identity of the letter writer -- but when the truth is revealed, the guy is the LAST person Lily could have ever imagined it to be. Now that Lily knows the truth, can she untangle her feelings and gather the courage to listen to her heart?

4. Heartless by Marissa Meyer
This sounds amazing. I'm all for the your average fairytale retelling, but Marissa Meyer has a talent for making them so good. The premise seems really new to me, I never really wondered about how the queen of hearts was the way we all know her to be. I cant wait to see how Marissa does this. If the lunar chronicles is anything to go by, I'll really enjoy this book.
Synopsis:
Long before she was the terror of Wonderland — the infamous Queen of Hearts — she was just a girl who wanted to fall in love.
 Catherine may be one of the most desired girls in Wonderland, and a favourite of the yet-unmarried King of Hearts, but her interests lie elsewhere. A talented baker, all she wants is to open a shop with her best friend and supply the Kingdom of Hearts with delectable pastries and confections. But according to her mother, such a goal is unthinkable for the young woman who could be the next Queen. 
 At a royal ball where Cath is expected to receive the king's marriage proposal, she meets Jest, the handsome and mysterious court joker. For the first time, she feels the pull of true attraction. At the risk of offending the King and infuriating her parents, she and Jest enter into an intense, secret courtship. Cath is determined to define her own destiny and fall in love on her terms. But in a land thriving with magic, madness, and monsters, fate has other plans.



3. The last star
The 5th wave is honestly one of my favourite Sci-Fi books ever. I know a lot of people didn't like the second book, 'the infinite sea', but I did, so I am so very excited to read the last in the series, to see how it all wraps up.
Synopsis:
We’re here, then we’re gone, and that was true before they came. That’s always been true. The Others didn’t invent death; they just perfected it. Gave death a face to put back in our face, because they knew that was the only way to crush us. It won’t end on any continent or ocean, no mountain or plain, jungle or desert. It will end where it began, where it had been from the beginning, on the battlefield of the last beating human heart.

2. Untitled (Throne of Glass #5)
This book hasn't even got a title yet! You all know of my love of Sarah.J.Maas's books, and if not, I have a whole post about it HERE. Shameless plug right there.
Synopsis:
The long path to the throne has only just begun for Aelin Galathynius. Loyalties have been broken and bought, friends have been lost and gained, and those who possess magic find themselves at odds with those don't. As the kingdoms of Erilea fracture around her, enemies must become allies if Aelin is to keep those she loves from falling to the dark forces poised to claim her world. 
With war looming on all horizons, the only chance for salvation lies in a desperate quest that may mark the end of everything Aelin holds dear.

1. A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2)
A court and thorns and roses was one of my favourite books of 2015, it was just really good! This is number 1, because I am so excited, you have no idea. I have to say that Sarah. J. Maas is the queen of writing, she's popping them out left right and centre, and the standard never goes down, I don't know how she does it! The cover just dropped for this book, go check it out. (goodreads linked in title)
Synopsis:
Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court--but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people. 
 Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms--and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future--and the future of a world cleaved in two.


So there you have it, my top 5 most anticipated releases of 2016! What are yours?
Here is the goodreads list of new releases, so you can scroll and scroll to your hearts content! This was the longest post ever!!! I'll see you on Saturday for, hopefully, a shorter one! Until next time,

6 comments:

  1. These books sound amazing! I loved the Lunar Chronicles so whatever Marissa Meyer writes sounds definitely worth it to me! The first book sounds really nice too. I think I'll be using your post for my own list of books to read this year xD
    the-emo-wolverine-writes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the Lunar Chronicles was so good, who's your favourite character? Mine has to be thorne <3... slight (huge) obsession, but I'm okay with that! aha x

      Delete
  2. These all look so good! I'll have to make a note of these for when I've finished what I'm reading. Thanks for this post, I probably wouldn't have found out about some of these :)

    Lucy xx

    www.frecklesandthoughts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! If you read any before me, make sure to tell me if they are good! x

      Delete
  3. I can totally relate to the cold cup of hot chocolate, I've done this once or twice while reading or crafting myself.
    Thanks for sharing
    Hugs from Hayley

    ReplyDelete