Wednesday, 10 February 2016

My Daily Skincare Routine




Ello, ello, ello... my Britishness is just seeping from my pores.

Speaking of pores, skincare! See what I did there? Well didn't that lead on nicely.

Today I thought I would share with you some of the products I use every (or most) days to get my mug looking sorta almost spot-free. I am by NO means a dermatologist, (no, really it's true, I'm not) that means I could be using all of the wrong things, and slowly destroying my face, or using all of the right things and... not slowly destroying my face. I just don't know. However, everything seems to be going fine so far, so it's all good.

Everybody's skin is unique, I have combination skin, so some of these products may work on me, but not on you. I have left links for each product in blue, so it's easier for you to find them!



Neutrogena: Visibly Clear Pink Grape Fruit Facial Wash
This is a bit of a tricky one, as I don't know if I recommend it or not. I'll start by saying that I took these pictures last month, so things have changed.
This product does exactly what is says on the tin, it did help remove and prevent spots, and it smells amazing. However, I found that, much like many other acne clearing products, it was very drying, After a few days my skin was dry and flaking, and my moisturiser wasn't doing much to help. But, it was clearing up my spots. After reading through the reviews after I purchased it (dur), many people said it was making their faces red and flaky. So in my opinion I don't recommend this, but maybe it will work out for you.


Simple: Spotless Skin Triple Action Face Wash
This product, I can definitely recommend! I only picked this up to use instead of the neutrogena wash, but I absolutely love it. In the space of two days it had already cleared up the dry skin problem I had gotten from the previous wash, and had made my skin extremely smooth. I had been noticing a few blemishes popping up in different places, and after a few days of using this, they had disappeared. This face wash would be perfect if you have sensitive skin, as there are no perfumes or unnecessary products in there that will go upsetting your skin!



Clean and Clear: Blackhead Clearing Daily Scrub
I don't use this very often , but i thought I'd include it in here anyway. If I notice a few blackheads popping up, usually around the T-zone area, I whip this baby out. It has very large granules (granules?) so it is a great exfoliator!


Simple: Kind To Eyes Revitalising Eye Roll-On
I use this most mornings if I remember, which I usually do.  I don't think it does much appearance wise, but when I'm struggling to keep my eyes open before I rush out the door, I wack this baby on, and it really does wake me up. It's really easy to use, and like a lot of simple products does not have any nasty ingredients.

Simple: Spotless Skin Rapid Action Spot Zapper.
I use this when I get the occasional big zit, and I find that it does reduce the size. When I sense a spot coming up, I apply some of this. It has the same applicator as the eye roll-on, and the packaging is very similar... I'm just waiting for the day when i apply spot zapper to my under eyes. It will happen my friends.


Simple: Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser
I love this product! It is a very, very light moisturiser, so does not affect the parts of my skin that are very oily. I only use a pea sized drop, and that's really all you need to let it do the job. This works wonders with the Simple face wash, leaving my face very soft.

Simple: Kind To Skin Pour Minimising Toner
Okay, I promise this is not sponsored by simple, I just have a LOT of simple products. Not much I can say about this. Minimises pores. Leaves your skin feeling super fresh. Perfect for sensitive skin. Jobs a good'un.

I hope you enjoyed today's post!
 If you didn't notice, I added a little note on the side of the blog, yes, I will be posting every Wednesday and Saturday (hopefully). So I will see you then!

Until next time,

10 comments:

  1. Love this! I have let my skincare slip a bit recently and I need to get back on top of it.I love Simple,I have never come across a bad product with them.We all know the day will come where you apply the spot zapper under your eyes and then I'll end up following you and doing the same!

    http://sophiejaneblog.wix.com/sophiejane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, it's so going to happen isn't it? At least we will face the consequences together... and never get acne under our eyes. That just grossed me out aha. ♡

      Delete
  2. Lovely post! I love simple as a brand, I haven't tried these products but I love the moistuzer and micellar water! Love the photos in this post x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simple is the best! It's so cheap and affordable, but actually works! Thank you! ♡

      Delete
  3. I love your blog so much! So clean and simple! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! A running theme with the simple, I promised I wasn't sponsored... that was so not funny, I'm sorry. aha :D x

      Delete
  4. Love this Lauren! I am in need of some good skin care products and I was a bit unsure of what to get but you have just sorted me on what to get. Thank you so much!!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! I really do recommend the simple face wash, it so good! x

      Delete
  5. Love it! Your blog is so nice! I need to try some more simple stuff!

    katielou99.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog! your so funny, I like the way you start the post! xx
    http://hollybanfield.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete