Thursday, 28 July 2016

A Court of Thorns and Roses | Spoiler free Review


Hello Everyone!
I believe I have mentioned a little about my love for this book in a blog post way back in October, nearer to when it was released, but after re-reading this, I just really wanted to do a little book review for you!
I  want to start of by saying that I absolutely love Sarah J. Maas. I have read all of her books and Ive recommended them to everyone I've met. Ever. She is such an inspiration to me, I just love her! If you couldn't tell aha.


A Court of Thorns and Roses

When nineteen-year-old huntress Feyre kills a wolf in the woods, a beast-like creature arrives to demand retribution for it. Dragged to a treacherous magical land she only knows about from legends, Feyre discovers that her captor is not an animal, but Tamlin—one of the lethal, immortal faeries who once ruled their world.

As she dwells on his estate, her feelings for Tamlin transform from icy hostility into a fiery passion that burns through every lie and warning she's been told about the beautiful, dangerous world of the Fae. But an ancient, wicked shadow over the faerie lands is growing, and Feyre must find a way to stop it . . . or doom Tamlin—and his world—forever.    ~ Goodreads

A Court of Thorns and Roses is a retelling of Beauty and The Beast. It follows the story of Feyre, a nine-teen year old huntress, forced to mature beyond her years, and hunt to keep her family alive. However, one day an encounter in the woods, with a wolf beyond anything imaginable, changes everything. For this was not just an ordinary wolf, and soon Feyre would have to pay the price...

This still stands as one of my favourite books of all time! For me, it's just one of those books where you find yourself looking at the clock and its already midnight, but you've been so immersed in it that you had no idea that time was passing. I always find myself so absorbed in Sarah's characters and words, that the real world just ticks on around me, and I'm oblivious.

This book is full of amazing character development and world building. The characters may seem bitter, or just plain cold at the beginning, but as new friendships and romances blossom, and new information comes to light, those character open up and become so close to your heart. Honestly, I think each character has at least one important lesson to teach, there is something everyone can take away from reading this book.

The underlying plot is a romance, and oh how I do love good romance! This novel does have a warning for younger readers, as it does get quite steamy in a few places. So beware of that if its not really something you go for in a book. Of course I would never tell someone not to read a book because of their age, you know what you can handle and what would make you uncomfortable, I'm not here to stand in your way.

The YA world of fantasy was a place that I tended to avoid. Big books with new worlds and creatures, was a really daunting prospect for me. In book stores I would always find myself in the fluffy contemporary, or dystopian section. But A Court of Thorns and Roses has really opened my eyes to the world of fantasy, and I cant get enough of it!


You Will Love This Book If:
  • You loved Sarah J. Maas' first series, Throne of Glass.
  • You fancy pocketing another couple to swoon over!
  • You love retellings of well known stories.
  • You're in the mood to emerse yourself in a new word full of intrigue and power!

I will see you next Wednesday for a review of the next book in the trilogy, A Court of Mist and Fury! Until next time,


4 comments:

  1. Yass finallly a spoiler free review! I hate finding out the plot of a book before I've read it x
    Morgan | www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this book so much, and I still haven't read the sequel! I must buy it as soon as possible aha. Loved this post x
    -Amy

    everythingamygeorgia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to read this but I kept putting it off, but I'm going to get it as soon as I find it in the nearest bookstore!
    X L | awkward-overload.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this review! You wrote it so well and it's awesome that it's spolier free so I can go out and purchase it xx

    mylifeasmarinaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete