Wednesday, 3 August 2016

Bookshelf Tour | 2016

Hi you guys! Welcome to Day Three of my week long collaboration with EverythingAmyGeorgia!

I'm so excited to be posting this! For the last year my book collection has grown so much bigger that  my little wall shelves just couldn't handle the weight! I've had to reinforce them a few times in the past, as there were a full 'fallings of books almost onto my head'. Wow, it's only been three weeks and I've already forgotten what grammar is, great, haha.

So last Friday it was finally time to go out and buy myself a proper bookcase! And after some late night ikea shopping, (apple pies may have happened), I finally got one!

I only got it a few days ago, so not everything is in the right order, or where I would like it to be - but seeing as its book week here on the blog, I thought it was only right to give you a few snaps of what its like so far!


So, on the top we have some all of my random stand-alone books, of which I tried my hardest to make into a rainbow... 'tried' being the key word here, its not looking so great.
Then, as you make your way down, I have two shelves worth of series.
And then on the bottom, as you can see down below, I have the tiniest TBR shelf you ever did see! Which I think is good, because its an excuse to go out and buy tons of others!

If anyone is interested in what bookcase this is, its the BILLY bookcase from ikea! Its actually a lot bigger than you can see in the photos, with 6 shelves, but I haven't finished arranging the lower half, so I've not included it!

That is all for today! Don't forget to check out Amy's post! Until next time,

9 comments:

  1. Yass apple pies are the best hehe! Love this collab do much! X
    Morgan | www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ikr, cant beat one, haha! Thank you so much! x

      Delete
  2. You have no idea how happy that perfect bookshelf makes me!! I hate my bookshelf; it's too small and I definitely need a new one! Loved this post x

    -Amy x
    everythingamygeorgia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Insert the thing-that-happens-in-movies-where-they-smile-and-and-it-pings here* haha. Yes, you should definitely get one, and i'll help you organise!

      Delete
    2. *Insert the thing-that-happens-in-movies-where-they-smile-and-and-it-pings here* haha. Yes, you should definitely get one, and i'll help you organise!

      Delete
  3. Love that bookcase and the way you have organised it is great! I thought that I had a big collection,but apparantly not (time to go buy some more!)

    Sophie Jane | goo.gl/ABgcLI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you!! Okay, now being the nosey person I am, I need you to show me our collection! x

      Delete
  4. I think it's the first time I like shelves full of paperbacks. I usually don't like them because of their different sizes but your books fit together !
    I've never understood the rainbow trend, books are prettier when colours are mixed ! (in my opnion anyway haha)


    - The Mad Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yeah I totally agree, I usually prefer shelves of hardbacks because they look amazing together. But where I live, they only seem to sell paperbacks, luckily they're all the same size!

      Delete